I was doing some research and found a really great article on 7 Day trips from Salt Lake City. If you live here check them out if you are visiting plan on doing some of these they are amazing.
Salt Lake City is a place that when visiting you will discover a variety of day trips off the beaten path. The mountains are just 20 minutes from the city and depending on the season they can be accessed with ease. I suggest
a summer trip unless you like to ski.
1. Antelope Island is a State Park this island has wild life birds, antelope and buffalo. Just like in the old west the buffalo roam here. It is like taking a step back in time. Take a lunch and enjoy this wild place.
2. Alpine Loop is one of the most beautiful drives through Utah mountains you can experience. You will wind through alpine meadows you cannot be in a hurry the road is winds through hairpin curves and barely fits two cars. You can hike up to a Glacier on Mount Timpanogos, or stop at Cascade Springs for a easy walk through the Meadows.
3. Heber Valley is a small town nestled in the mountains. If you enjoy water sports there is a beach here where you can rent watercraft at Deer Creek Resevoir. If you just want to spend a day at the spa the natural hot springs at the Homestead are not to be missed.
4. Mirror Lake traveling from Kamas on state road 150 you will travel 31 miles to this lake. Located in the Uinta Mountains it is the bluest of water and you can enjoy a day of hiking and relaxation. Be sure and take a jacket the weather can change in an instant.
6. Park City is a great day trip. You can shop at all the factory outlets. Enjoy eating at some great restaurants. I always travel to Park City going through East Canyon. It gives me the best of both worlds the mountains and great food at the end of the trail.
7. Big Cottonwood Canyon has been developed along the road. Hiking is the way to see this canyon. There is a hiking trail that takes off from Brighton Ski resort. This will give you an idea of what the mountain looked like before development and is very enjoyable.
Thank you very much for an enjoyable stay. The condo and hot tub worked very well. The location is very convenient to both The Canyons and grocery stores. Thank again for another great stay at WFSA!- Earl & Claire Winn - Minneapolis