Utah is know for its world class skiing but did you know most of Salt Lake City’s major festivals and events take place in the summer months of June, July and August? There are always plenty of things to do in Salt Lake City, Utah. Below is a list of just some of the fun things to do while visiting – and if you live here then you can see them all!!
If coming to Salt Lake for vacation check out our condo’s they are beautiful and have everything you need for a spectacular vacation! Best of all is our prices are the lowest in the summer. Give us a call 1-800-762-7606 or see all of our individual unique properties… Pictures and prices are listed on this page.
Watch for future articles detailing all these events!
Salt Lake City Events and Festivals in July –
Salt Lake City, Utah (UT), USA
- SLC International Jazz Festival – held at Symphony Hall, this free festival features jazz music from around the world as well as regional favorites
- Days of ’47 – late July, otherwise known as Pioneer Day, this event commemorates the arrival of the first Mormon pioneers in Utah in 1847. The lively parade along with a rodeo and other festivities makes it a fantastic family occasion
- Annual Belly Dance Festival – late August, held at Salt Lake City’s Liberty Park, this unique festival is the largest of its kind in the US. Come and enjoy over 500 dancers performing as well as live music, costumes and drums
- Two of a Kind Concert – early August, this family concert held at Hogle Zoo features the popular husband-wife duo, Two of Kind, with an emphasis on audience interaction
- Greek Festival – held at the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, this is the largest ethnic festival in Utah, featuring Greek music, food and much more
- Utah State Fair – mid-September, with a focus on the agricultural heritage of Salt Lake City, this annual week long fair includes rodeos, livestock shows and carnival rides that will please the kids
- Kirkin’ O’ Th’ Tartan Scottish Festival – held at the First Presbyterian Church on South Temple Street, this vibrant Scottish celebration includes bagpipe bands, food, dancing and more
- November Feast with the Beasts – at Hogle Zoo you can join in the Thanksgiving celebrations by watching the animals receive and enjoy their special thanksgiving feasts
- NBA: Utah Jazz – early November to late April, the basketball season begins with games being held at Salt Lake City’s Delta Center, home of the Utah Jazz
- Festival of Trees – early December, held at Salt Lake City’s South Towne Exposition Center, this event celebrates Christmas and the festive spirit in all its forms, including gingerbread castles, holiday crafts, Santa’s grotto and over 600 decorated trees
- Winter Solstice Festival – mid-December, an interesting combination of storytellers, musical and dance performances, and pleasant walks among some of Salt Lake City’s most beautifully kept flora and fauna at Red Butte Gardens
Thank you very much for an enjoyable stay. The condo and hot tub worked very well. The location is very convenient to both The Canyons and grocery stores. Thank again for another great stay at WFSA!- Earl & Claire Winn - Minneapolis